The area was neglected during the rule of the Romans, who defeated and drove out the Etruscans, but traces of this period remain in the paved streets, in walls built using Roman construction techniques, and in the cippi, the milestones found along the routes crossing through the area. It is assumed that an early structure, perhaps a watchtower, was built where the current villa is now located. In the Middle Ages and during the period that followed it, the estate became part of the possessions of noble families who, as was the custom then, lived in the towns or villages, from which they exerted control over their country properties, the basis of their well-being. Subsequent works can be dated to around the end of the 17th century, such as the converting of the main building into a country residence and the construction of the adjoining church, as documented in the Tiroli Land Registry map of 1766. It was in these years that the estate became the property of the Negroni counts, who in 1815 donated it to the Jesuits when a member of their family joined the order. The expansion of the building dates from this period, with the addition of the two side wings, and the construction of the outbuildings.
In the mid-19thcentury the Jesuits’properties were expropriated and transferred to the city of Orvieto, and for a few decades the estate was owned by the city.